GiGi's View of the World

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Beginning a new chapter.....

Today I am going to try to begin a new chapter to my life. I have been thru hard times but nothing will ever come close to this, I hope, regarding a terrible sense of loss. Fortunately both my parents are still alive even tho they are in their 80's. From this devastating loss have come some positives in my life. My son, whom I was separated from for several years (his choice, not mine) has come back home to Mama, not in the physical sense of living with me but in the realm of mother/son relationships. He is quite the man and really stood beside me and we found the wonderful friendship that we lost many years ago. Pixie came home to roost by herself and has turned into one special "mama" to her boys. My youngest son, has a new home and new found faith and friendship with his brother whom he has been missing terribly. I cannot bear to live in the home I had with my hubby, so my parents are moving south to be near our family, and moving into my house. Out of bad things, we learn there are good things to come. What the future holds, who knows, but I am taking it one day at a time and relishing every memory I can and hope to share those with my children. No one ever said life was easy but then again, no one ever told me it could be so bad. However, I am a survivor, and will continue to be the best mama I can and Gigi to my grandchildren so that they may have everlasting memories too.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looking forward to a "brighter viewP of Gigi's View of the World. I'm pulling for you girlfriend. Keep 'em coming!!

    Twins

     
  • At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so proud of you Lonnie...I cannot even begin to imagine how hard all of this has been on you. I wish that we lived closer so that we could be there for you on a daily basis!! We are going to hold you to that plan to come for a visit next year!! You know that we love you!!!
    Pat and Ruthie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home