GiGi's View of the World

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Rotavirus

Until 4 weeks ago, I never even knew this existed. My children had all the normal vaccinations, and when Pixie and I took Mick and Mack, I didnt realize things had changed soooo much! The last one they got was for "rotavirus" and she had to sign a form of some kind saying she understood it. Duh, can she read??? Hell ya, she aint un educated! Strangely enough, the following week my daughter in law in Ala, called me to say that our youngest grandaughter was in ER with "rotavirus". They kept her there for 9 hours, she received 3 IV bags of fluids and finally sent her home when they got her temp to break. Two days later she was back in ER again.
Seems this is a very dangerous virus and is becoming commonplace in all the ER's. Strangley enough, I then read in our local news from home that the ER's are full of children who have contracted this. After being treated, all clothing, bedding, toys and such have to be sterilized for a full week so as not to contract it again. Sure hope you all don't have to worry about this! Fortunately for us, our girl is well again and was able to celebrate her 5th birthday a week late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home