GiGi's View of the World

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

One Window to My Life Has Closed Forever....

I have been trying for days to understand how something like this can happen. It only happens to others, not to me, BUT it did! I lost my husband of 37 years on July 9, 2007. The details don't matter, only the terrible sense of loss I have experienced which has totally shocked me. He was 9 years older than me, but even that doesn't matter. What matters is how one gets past this, to form and shape a new future which is totally unknown. Security in life is so vital to everything we do, and now this security is gone so unexpectedly. He was a good man, a good father, and good husband. We had our moments just like all of you do. If there is one lesson that was driven home to me, it's dont take one moment with your spouse for granted. You may get angry, you may have a love/hate relationship but remember that you married them for some reason and you need to hug that reason close to your heart. I still have not gotten past the shock and fear of the unknown, but with my children's help, God willing I will get there. So to all my friends, even tho I haven't been online, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your prayers, kind thoughts and best wishes you have extended. Pixie has gone home without me and it's been hard on her not to have my help with the babies but she will persevere. Hang in there honey, it will get better. I will be back after the fog on my window clears.

12 Comments:

  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger Twin Mommie said…

    Just remember Gigi, I'm always there to help you clear the fog. You don't have to ask, you don't have to say anything...I'm just there.

    I love you Mama and together we three will get through this together.

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    God bless all of you in this difficult time.

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh GiGi, I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in our prayers.

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger pamibe said…

    Gigi, I'm so sorry. You are in my prayers. {{{Hugs}}}

     
  • At 4:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Holding you close to the heart and keeping you in prayer. Hugs, Sue

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *hug*

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I most certainly can empathize with you, my dear friend, i have been in your shoes. For 29 years i shared my life with Flo, and when he passed away I was devastated. I didn't think I could make it alone, but God has a way of "clearing the fog" day by day. It's not easy, but neither is life. I pray for you every day because I DO UNDERSTAND.

    Love you, my Mist
    Twins

     
  • At 3:30 AM, Blogger sticks said…

    You and your family are in my prayers as well.

    "Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal." ~From a headstone in Ireland

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Rachelle Jones said…

    so sorry to hear this prayers

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    We love you Lonnie.

    We're here for all of you.

    May the happy memories sustain you and light your way through the dark moments.

    Nell, Mike and Mikey

     
  • At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lonnie...anytime you need a shoulder to cry on or a ear to listen...dont you hesitate to call us...that is what family is for!!!
    We love you and we are here for you...and for the kids!!!
    Love,
    Ruth Ann and Pat

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger BarbaraME said…

    Lonnie, you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Love,
    Barbara

     

Post a Comment

<< Home