GiGi's View of the World

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

From Hate to Love - The Computer

Years back when I would call my daughter, I would be so frustrated and downright angry when I would dial her phone number for hours, only to find out that she was on the computer. She would always tell me, "Mama, you should buy one, you would love it". Of course I said NOT loud and clear. She walks in the house one day and told me she had a surprise for me, goes to the car and brings in, of all things, a freaking computer!! I couldnt even turn the darn thing on much less figure out what to do with anything. To my chagrin, after a few days of messing around with it, I absolutely loved it. Using it only to play games until about 4 years ago, I decided I needed to find out more about this wondrous thing called the Internet. Since then I have taught myself Excel, but no doubt there is more I need to learn. I learned to surf and enjoy the capabilities it gave me to meet people. But there is one huge drawback to using the computer - THE HUBBY! Why is it that some people feel threatened by a computer. Especially when learning Excel helps him with his job? So now I must temper my PC time with Hubby time, lol!!!!

I must say that having a computer has opened new windows to my view of the world!!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Twin Mommie said…

    Not only would she get frustrated, she once called the Florida State Police to my house cuz my phone line was busy (in the days before DSL). I was never so terrified in my life to open the door to a state trooper asking me my name and if I was Gigi's daughter. About had a heart attack until he told me why.

    And HE had the nerve to start laughing. Said I wasn't the first child a parent had called on.

    LMAO

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The key to a happy marriage?

    His & hers computers.

    Trust me on this one.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home