GiGi's View of the World

Monday, November 06, 2006

Fall foliage

Experiencing a drought this summer in the southeast, no one expected to see a colorful fall. Last week when I went home to Bama, things looked dry and ugly, but returning back here this week, it was a gorgeous drive. We live near the end of the Appalachian Mountains, and it was an absolutely breathtaking trip. Vibrant hues of reds, yellows and oranges shining in the sunlight made it hard to concentrate on driving. However, when I hit approximately 38 miles from my destination, traffic overtook my view! It took me 45 min to go 6 miles due to construction. Being sandwiched between miles of 18 wheelers took away the joy of my last few miles. Interstate driving is great til encountering good ole traffic jams.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Twin Mommie said…

    That's one thing I missed living in Cali...seeing the leaves turn. There's just nothing prettier than seeing God's palette on a clear crisp autumn day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home