GiGi's View of the World

Monday, April 09, 2007

An outing with twins is.................

We have really gotten ambitious in venturing out with the boys. This "fun" takes an hour of preparation, 15 min to load each time going into van and out of van for every stop we make. I had forgotten what it was like to load everything but the kitchen sink when you have kids and go somewhere. Most important of all, be sure we have fed them before leaving and hope we make it home before the next feeding cuz let me tell you, these two critters are very vocal when it comes time to chow down. Mick has really grown by leaps and bounds and has voracious appetite, outweighing Mack by about 4-5 pounds. Mack loves to eat but is a piggy and gulps his down while Mack is slow and steady. I love feeding Mack cuz you have to have a sure hand cuz you gotta follow his mouth all over the place, lmao, feeding him is like feeding a moving target. We dress them up like little dolls and then cuss like a sailor cuz we gotta remove all thes "cute" clothes to get to necessary when they are wet.

They will be 2 mos old on Wednesday, and are just beginning to smile and coo. We have what I call the "magic mat" (Pixie could tell you what they really are) that plays music when they are laying on them. When they fall asleep, the music stops and when they start to sqall, and move, the music starts again lulling them back to sleep, hence my name the magic mat. God bless whoever invented these, cuz for a short period of time there was no shutting up by Mick and the mat did its magic.
I had them on the mats today, and they actually saw the little toys that hang down, and cooed at the toys, it was soooooo cute.

I got sidetracked from our trips out, OOPS! Everytime we go into a store, Pixie will be stopped by no less than a dozen people to "oh and ah" over the babies. I used to walk in front of her pushing the store buggy, but I lost her so many times cuz she was stopping to talk to everyone, that now I walk behind her pushing the buggy. Now if she isnt careful, the buggy slaps into her "tush" and I get "the look". Gotta figure out another way cuz the look is starting to burn holes in me.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger Twin Mommie said…

    Hey! I've got bruises!

    Who knew going to WalMart would be so interesting!

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think Walmart should widen the ailes so you can walk side by side. Isn't it amazing how much stuff you need to take with you for 10 lbs of person? LOL Sue

     

Post a Comment

<< Home