GiGi's View of the World

Monday, March 26, 2007

"19 Minutes" excellent read

Now that I have the patio set put together finally, we have been enjoying our morning coffee on the patio, listening to the birds. Its so peaceful and quiet here on the culdesac. We get the morning sun there so you can't stay out long but in the evenings, its a great place to kick back with a good book, and a glass of tea.

My Pixie ordered a book titled "19 Minutes". Oh my gosh, it is an excellent read.
I really don't understand all the hullabaloo about it, as unfortunately this is life as we know it today. From the moment I picked it up, I have been thoroughly engrossed. Now I am looking forward to more books by this particular author.

Not being from here, I check my local news from home about every 2-3 days. Today I read that a young man, 24 yrs old, hung himself on the side of the highway. Even worse is the fact that its a major Interstate filled with commuters and school buses. How awful for all those folks to witness this young man hanging by the interstate. Apparently Depression was the cause. My thoughts and prayers go to the boy's family.

We have really been bogged down by doc visits, and endless feedings, changings, crying and loss of sleep. Wednesday a friend of the Pixie is coming to give her and I a 2 hour outing by ourselves. Sheesh, I am soooooo ready for this. Hopefully going to find some fresh peaches, we are in peach country, so I can make a fresh peach cobbler. Also hope to find some Vidalia onions. Hell, I will look for anything for a change just to be out and free for 2 hours. Duh, but then again this is only March! Guess the fresh stuff will have to wait a bit, lol. Oh well, by the time the new grill arrives, I will have some fresh veggies to cook on it. I am an avid griller and really miss my grill from home so Pixie ordered one for us, guess she will enjoy the vittles coming off of it. Ain't nothing better than a good ole burger or hot dog from the grill.......now if I could get her to EAT the veggies, it would be a miracle.......

3 Comments:

  • At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Relevant link for 19 Minutes:

    http://www.bordersmedia.com/features/video/picoult.asp?gclid=CJ6UjNacmosCFR64Igod1SRTSA&fp_keyword=19+Minutes&fp_source=Google

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger GiGi said…

    thanks Harvey, wasnt sure how to do that!!! And not knowing protocol wasnt sure if I could put that stuff there

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger BarbaraME said…

    Peaches?! Can you fax some up to me? I *adore* fresh peaches and there just isn't anything like that up here in the frozen north country.

    I haven't read 19 minutes yet but want to, given the hullaballoo it's caused up here!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home