GiGi's View of the World

Monday, April 09, 2007

My life is controlled by red dots of monitor!

When I have an idea for a post, I make notes and stick them in my to do pile, on my desk. Cleaning the desk today I found my list and decided I better get on the stick again.

No doubt most of you are familiar with baby monitors, and now at age 60, I find that my daily routine is run by those dog-gone red dots, lol. I get up in the am to read my news and drink my coffee, and bleary eyed watch of the red dots to see if they go into overdrive meaning one of the babies has awakened. Some mornings with pure joy and anticipation and other mornings with pure dread......hey, I AM human after all. If I have had my first cup of joe and have one eye open, I pray for couple more minutes of quiet, however, if I have managed a couple cups and eyes fully open, I cant wait!!! Then most of the time, the babies are in here with me the rest of the day, so I can feed, burp, change diapers, change clothes, cajole into better moods, and most fun of all, just plain ole hug to death. I have also found out that at my age, that screaming cry for attention is just pure hell to my nerves. Sometimes I just wanna bang my head against the wall and cry, but then again, they say God made babies so cute that no matter how ill WE get, we still love em!!

Its been a little hectic the past week tho, cuz due to a ruptured disk in my neck, I was down for the count, and little ole Pixie had total care and control of the situation. Yesterday the imp told me she sure was glad I was well cuz she was a pooped pixie........

4 Comments:

  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger BarbaraME said…

    Oh no! So everytime you see those red dots, do you think of ME since I gave the monitors?! he he he

    I'm glad you're feeling better, Gigi!

    oxox

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Twin Mommie said…

    Yep, I'm an imp!

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like you're doing better now :-)

     
  • At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you're feeling better, but remember to take care. Hugs. Sue

     

Post a Comment

<< Home