GiGi's View of the World

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Pre-Delivery Frenzy

Seems to be a common thread amongst my friends and family, that just prior to delivery, we all tend to go on a cleaning frenzy. And for for most, that's written in sand. Well, darling daughter started on her cleaning frenzy yesterday, getting organized, with a little shopping on the walmart motorized cart. I try to walk in front of her so she doesn't run over everyone in the store. However, she was sorely tempted by one rude woman and was wondering if because the lady wore "red shoes" would she be awarded 10 extra points if she ran over her!!! Duh, where does she get all this?? Finishing the errands, she decides to get pampered with a manicure and pedicure for her humongous little piggies, lol. Man her feet are swollen. And she has LITTLE feet, only a size 6. Back to the frenzy, the Pixie gets up this am and decides it's time to clean all the closets out! I am sitting here groaning cuz I want to watch The Price is Right which is my morning wake up ritual, ya ya, I know.......boring! But by the time it's over, my eyeballs are open and I am ready to go. I turn the tv on in her room so I can help cuz she doesn't need to be lifting, or lugging, or dragging. We got a couple loads ready to to go consignment shop for maternity wear, and for her yard sale, which I wonder if she will ever have as the garage is piled sky high with "yard sale stuff". She might just be a millionaire if she ever has it, lol. Oops, I digress again. Now mind you, she is 36 weeks, 3 days into this journey and can topple over at the slightest awkward movement. Makes one wonder how the human body can expand to such proportions. It's just mind-boggling! So with all this activity from the preggo girl, I rush to get her bags by the front door, making sure I am ready to run out the door at the first sign of "this is the moment". Only thing left to do is to make my call list as I have a zillion names she wants me to call right after delivery. Thank God for the puter so I can email and save my poor ear. But yes, for the chosen ones, I have your numbers and I promise to call. And now all the guessing of date, time, weight and length begins. Will be fun to see who wins, but hate to tell ya - there ain't no prize for winning, lol. Maybe next time I post, I can make a big announcement. Anyone got a nerve pill !!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *leaves nerve pill*

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WHAT A PLEASANT SURPRISE WHEN FINALLY I LOGGED ON TO SEE THAT THE TWINS HAD ARRIVED SAFE AND SOUND!! CONGRATS GIGI AND PIXIE. HOPE YOU HAVE LARGE BOX OF SLEEP STORED AWAY, METHINKS YOU WILL NEED IT.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home