GiGi's View of the World

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Southeastern Tornadoes

No doubt you all have read or seen on tv the disaster that hit Ala, Ga, and Mo.
Watching the storms progress across Ala, my home, I was very glad I wasnt there til it started hitting here in Ga. Since my weather radio was also back in Ala, we had to rely on tv praying we didnt lose it. Well, sure enough, here come the damn storms and sirens......driving us to the closet, the only safe place in this house surrounded by damned old pine trees. Now picture if you can, Pixie recovering with open wound, and I dragging two precious babies out of sound sleep to this little closet in my bedroom. Previously I had lined it with pillows, a radio, battery operated lamps, and a diaper bag filled with formula and other baby necessities JUST IN CASE. I help her in first then hand her the babies and pull pillows all around them, then scamper in myself. All this after sticking my head out of the window to see if i can hear the stupid storm sirens that are way toooo far away. We sit there and sweat a few minutes then curiousity hits me and I climb out to come into the kitchen to see what tv weather is saying. Guess I stayed too long, cuz I hear beating on the wall! Yep, Miss Pixie is calling so I scurry back and get the babies out, then I pull the Pix out, and we all troop back to the kitchen tv. Babies needless to say go back to lullaby land. Around 11pm as she is getting ready to call it a nite, the damn sirens go off again. Geez, repeat performance but all in all, we all survived. My heart goes out to the folks who lost loved ones, and homes. Geez, we got 2 tornado seasons coming but thankfully I now have my wonderful weather radio so I wont be quite as afraid. Gotta be a better way than that tiny closet tho........I will ponder this in the meantime.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just glad you made it through ok

     
  • At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought about you and family when i heard of the terrible weather by you, both in GA and AL. So glad to know all turned out well. Hopefully you will discover a better and safer place. God Bless!

    Twins

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger GiGi said…

    thanks to you both!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home