GiGi's View of the World

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Older parents CAN learn NEW lessons!

Today a whole new revelation has hit me. Its not one that I like, but one that I think all parents, young and old will learn in time. No matter the age of our children, we will always think we know best. BUT sometimes what we think is not what matters. I am not sure I like this new way of thinking but I know its something I must adopt for my own piece of mind, and also to not run my children away from me. So from now on, when I give advice, whether its asked for or just given out of stupidity, please just take what you want from it and throw the rest out of the window. I know I told you that a long time ago, but now I know I will have to back it up with kindness, and not get angry or hurt. When it hurts, its only because I was stupid not to realize that it was because I didnt learn this early enough. And now its time for me to step back and let you lead the way when it comes to your home and family (thank God I never let it interfere before but almost did yesterday). And yes, Mothers of pregnant daughters have hormones too, lol!!!!!!!! I love you dearly.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger Twin Mommie said…

    Kids can always learn from their parents and that's something I have to remember too.

    We don't always have to agree, but we do have to agree to disagree. And I'd say we do that pretty dang well.

    My home is your home. I want you to be comfortable here and I want you to feel like you can kick back and relax. It is your home. Always remember that.

    Now go get started on your room. I can't WAIT to see it!

    I love you.

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger Twin Mommie said…

    One other thing, I'll make mistakes with my kids too...but God and Heaven knows that I have an outstanding role model that only makes me a better person to raise these little ones.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home